warning: blabber ahead
Wednesday, May 31, 2006

After three days, I'm blogging again. Hey, I'm improving! LOL!!! No new layouts to share yet, but lots of blabber ahead.

First off, I survived the business review yesterday! The three hour review did turn out to be a five hour ordeal, but I live! LOL!!! Seriously, it went really well and I am soooo glad. There were a lot of great discussions and despite its meaning a lot of work ahead, I don't mind. I really feel that the action items we've discussed are worth it, and I'm quite excited to start on them. But maaannn, it took us five hours!!! I could feel my butt start to numb halfway through! LOL!!!

The past few days have been very good as far as my hiring is concerned though. From my previously reported 12, I now have 18 people! Woot! Woot! But what's really bumming me out is that as I hire and hire and hire, people are resigning as well. It's a never ending cycle. Vicious, really! If there is one thing about my job that I don't like, it's really the recruitment. Give me training every day and I'm fine, but recruitment can really suck. Especially in my department. It literally never ends. *sigh* I did have one interview this morning that I really enjoyed. The guy was very articulate, very perky, very positive. Those are the types of interviews I love to do because I'm simply conversing with the person and I tend to find out a lot of things from there. Later on, I found out that he was gay. I shouldn't be surprised really. I really get along with gay people, and I think they're such fun people to hang out with. Anyhoo, I did hire him, in case you'd like to know for whatever reason. LOL!

Hey, I told you about my appointment with my ob-gyne last week, right? Anyhoo, I'm really happy about the results of my check up. We did a transvag1nal ultrasound to check my ovaries and eggs and stuff, and all is good. Whew. I tell ya, it wasn't a pleasant experience (duh!) and it's not something I'd like to do regularly. I'm not going to go into all the gory details, so don't you worry. I think it's just enough that you know that the factory is fully functional and working overtime! ROFLMBO!!!! *sigh* I crack me up sometimes...

Oh, I did take on some additional "work" at RAKScraps. For the next few months, I'll be working with the Sponsor team and so I'll be making layouts using kits from the fabulous sponsors of the month. So cool!!! The sponsors for June are MissMint, d2D, and Erika Tenney. I can't wait till the weekend so I can scrap!!! I was thinking about taking a permanent position, but knowing how toxic my work can be, I didn't want to risk committing myself to something I won't be able to give my 100% to. Anyhoo, I'll see how it goes. I'm also looking for some CT calls out there, in case I go that route. We'll see.

I did some digi-shopping again. Somebody take my credit cards away from me! But then again, I've memorized all my card numbers. LOL!!! Bought myself quite a number of goodies over at Designer Digitals again. Love, love, LOVE their stuff! I also bought some digiscrapping books at ideabooks4u, and had them shipped to my relatives in the US. They're coming home in trickles over the next few weeks for the wedding anniversary of my grandfolks, so they're bringing my books along. Even though ideabooks4u ships worldwide, this is a cheaper alternative. LOL!!! I got myself Designing with Digital, Designing with Type, Freestyle, and Digital Scrapbooking 5. Can't wait till they get here!

It's funny but I got quite a number of comments about my pearls with the Creative Me layout that I posted. LOL!!! Ok, one thing you should know about me is that I LOOOOVE pearls. I wear pearls practically everyday. The two-strand that I'm wearing in that layout is my absolute favorite, and I wear that the most often. But otherwise, I'd have my pearl stud earrings, and I also bought this fabulous 5-strand which I should show you sometime. LOL! Of course, there's the single strand, and I have a Y pearl necklace too. Oh, and I have this set of 10 pearl bracelets that is just gorgeous when worn with a little black dress. So there. I love pearls. LOL!!!

Anyhoo, I'm off to bed. Hope the week is going great for y'all. G'night, bellas!


mrs. schmuck | 10:12 PM |


Comments:
ha ha...guess I'm not the only one who noticed your pearls. Who knows...you probably wear killer shoes all the time too :D Wow - some designers are going to be lucky if your looking at some of the CT calls. Your LOs always rock!

karen (Hom74)
 
don't you just hate the tv ultrasound???

i love your self-portrait! too bad no shoes in it though hehehe!
 
Oh no fun with the doctor, but so glad the plumming is okay, LOL! And don't worry, you crack me up too!
 
you are a busy woman, lol. I have had that done too, and it is NOT fun...but glad everything was ok! Too funny about the pearls...funny what ppl comment on. Glad you are on the sponsor team for a bit...yay! That is wild about the books being cheaper to get that way, lol. smoooocheroooniiiesss.
 
You look fab in pearls. I gave up jewelry after too many grabby baby/toddler hands. (earings are a big ouch!) LOL Glad all was ok with the doc. If you're interested in a book recommendation along the baby-making lines, give me a shout. Sounds like you're enjoying work overall, in spite of the craziness. So glad to have you joining the sponsor team. Gonna have to step up my layouts a couple of notches, so I don't look too bad next to you. ;)
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

a change of style...of sorts
a whole lot of blabber
my chloe weekend
just nonsense schtuff really
happy mom's day!and yes...a freebie!
frustrated...and other things
we're all good
love is certainly all around
gratitude
a serious dose of life





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com