we're all good
Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Blogger's being cranky. I'm trying to view my homepage, and I don't see my banner and my entire sidebar. Crap. All the links to what would've been my bloghopping frenzy are there, and now I'm stuck. Yeah, I should have them in my bookmarks, but I'm lazy and I always bloghop from my blog. I figure it's a good start. I know I can also check the forums and see the links to their blogs, but again, I'm lazy. LOL!

Mr. S is out for the evening with his friends. I miss the tub of lard already, and I have difficulty sleeping when I don't feel his fat beside me. The bed is too big with just me on it. And speaking of Mr. S, we're all good now. hehe! I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I really hate not paying him any attention, so I declared a truce last Friday night. Ok, so maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's buying me a new laptop as his anniversary present. LOL!!!!! Am I a sucker or what?!?! Ok, don't answer that. I gotta admit...I can be bought. HAHAHAHAHA!!! No, but seriously, I thought long and hard about what I was doing. I just didn't feel right feeling that way days before our anniversary. Chubby-hubby has his faults, but he does make up for it in some other way. He may not have a romantic bone in his body, nor can he cough up a surprise even if his life depended on it. But that's the way he is and I knew that even before, and I guess I have to make him realize that I need those things sometimes. Compromise, right? Yeah, I distinctly remember learning that from Sesame Street.

To celebrate our anniversary, Tubby did take me out on a dinner date at a resto I loved. We went to Good Earth, which is a Chinese resto, and they have the most deeeelicious seared tuna sashimi on the face of the planet. LOL! We ordered a feast!!! Aside from the seared tuna sashimi, we ordered lobster balls, fried wanton, prawns with garlic sauce, scallops with asparagus spears, and their special fried rice. Yummmmmy!!! By the time we were done (we only had a few spoonfuls of rice left as proof that we'd been there!), we were so full that I was sure we had to be carted out of the place. LOL! Then we headed on to Starbucks to finish off the meal with a good brew. Aaaahhh...that was an orgasmic delight!

Hey, wanna know what I got Mr. S? I got him four presents! First, I got him this cute Nike shirt that said "I scored last night!" on the front, then some football league at the back. LOL! I thought it was too funny, and I knew I had to get it for Tubs. Then I got him a pair of cool cargo shorts, which he loves to wear. Then I got him a pair of casual pants in a fab color. And lastly, I got him a really nice polo shirt at Ralph Lauren. It was so funny cause I gave him the gifts one at a time. When he woke up, I greeted him, gave him a kiss, and handed gift #1. When he went to have breakfast, gift #2 was waiting for him on the dining table. Then when he headed to the kitchen to get himself a Coke (yes, first thing in the morning!), gift #3 was waiting there too. Then after breakfast, I waited for him in our room and handed him gift #4 which was hiding under the bed. Fun!!! I was almost more excited than he was about the gifts. LOL!!!

So although the anniversary has come and gone, I'm still working on the album I wanted to make. How's that for timely, huh? Heehee! But I love making pages from our wedding photos. Here's the second one I did.

Our Wedding Day
Credits:
Robin Carlton's She kit at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Font: Marydale


This is a scraplift of Gail's (Ju Bean) Cool Hat layout at 2peas. The SweetNSassy team of Robin have an ongoing challenge right now, where we scraplift each other every week. Last week, we were lifting Gail's work, and her pages are sooo amazing. She works with a lot of white space, and I love her style.

This next layout I did is the most challenging I've done. Ever. This week, we're scraplifting Peta (little possum) and when I saw her album, I was floored! Lots of gorgeous stuff in there, but what struck me was how honest her pages were. I'm sure you've noticed that I don't do a whole lot of journaling in my pages. Well, I decided to lift Peta's work not just in design, but in journaling as well. Here's my lift of her I Believe In a Better Way layout at 2peas.

Waiting
Credits:
Tania Cordova's Sun Showers kit at Scrapdish and Digital Freebies
Font: Antique Typewriter


I think the journaling says everything already, so I'll leave it at that.

Well, I gotta hit the sack. I'll leave you with my latest layout of Chloe. May her sweetness find its way into your day, bellas!

Lovely
Credits:
Lynnie Smith's Sweet Georgie kit at Younique Photos, and Nancie Rowe Janitz's alpha shmootzy brushes at ScrapArtist
Font: Century Gothic


mrs. schmuck | 11:07 PM |


Comments:
There are no words to describe just how gorgeous your waiting lo is. I love it! I'm glad to hear you and hubby are back to your happy selves and had a fun anniversary! :)
 
Happy Anniversary! Hoping that you will have little Schmucks in the not so far future.
 
wowza sweetie...I love love love those layouts...you are awesome! And glad that you and hubby had a grand time. I know I know I know what you mean....but who out there is perfect and who could we love better or more? hugsssss!
 
belated happy anniversary! so did mr.s "scor that night?" ehehe. you're indeed a trooper tin, and i'm happy you're keeping the faith.

your layout are lovely! i wish i had the patience to try and learn scarpping, it looks like a lot of fun!
 
I'm glad you and hubby are no longer in a little tiff, it's no fun! Sounds like you had fun with the presents for sure and those are some awesome layouts!
 
It sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary, Tin. I'd be happy with a new laptop- oh, that's right, I got that AND a new camera for Christmas hehehe :D

I'm coming up on anniversary #16 this year and I've never scrapped my wedding pics in all of the years I've been obsessed with this hobby. I think I'll just lift all of your LOs, K? just gorgeous!!
 
hi swanget! love the photos! Chloe's just gorgeous and you really had great wedding pics. Miss you!
 
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SCHMUCKS! more beautiful years of togetherness and wishing for lil' schmucks to come your way...soon! i adore all your works, your subjects motivates you a lot i think! take care :D
 
(((((Bob!))))))

Aw man...you really are tugging at my heartstrings there girl. Your journaling is so honest, it feels like I'm right back there with you, waiting. Hang in there, and remember to keep eating lots of chocolate!!!

I'm glad you didn't kick Tubby Hubby!!! LOL It's good to know that things came out okay and your enjoyed your anniversary. If it makes you feel any better, DH bought me a rice cooker/veggie steamer for our first anniversary. I was livid. I had a pencil drawing made of our house and had it framed for him, since the traditional gift for 1 year is paper. LOLOLOL!!! Apparently he didn't check the little Hallmark free calendar for gift ideas.

Love your latest Chloe layout. Will you please stop making such cool layouts? I just don't have the time to scraplift them all!

Hugs to you!
 
LOVE your wedding page!
BEAUTIFUL!
and TEARS over your WAITING page...been there, done that, many many understanding hugs to you!!!!
Chloe....can I just say YUM! She's sooo precious!!!
HUGS!
Steph
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

love is certainly all around
gratitude
a serious dose of life
catching up again!
shooing the chickens, etc
one man show
catching up
drowning
barely alive, folks
he certainly knows how to please





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com