gratitude
Tuesday, April 25, 2006

First off, I want to say THANK YOU for all the sweet comments everyone left on my previous post. You cannot even begin to imagine how touched and thankful I am for your words of support and comfort. What's even more amazing is that I haven't even "met" some of you, and yet, you leave me such kind words. Some of you have also managed to become friends I've come to cherish. Wow. Again, my sincere and heartfelt thanks.

A lot were surprised that I wrote something so...brutally honest. It felt good to let the words out. Can't really allow it to fester inside, and there are times when writing is better than talking to someone. It just lets me be. No pretensions. No judgment. Just me. I feel better now, and the positive side of me is ready to face the battle head on again. Gimme more S.E.X, that's what I say!!! LOL!!! See? I'm the eternal optimist.

Ok, we're moving on...

So Mr. S and I are celebrating our first year anniversary on Sunday. I've told you guys about that, right? The weekend extravaganza? Yeah, well I'm a little bit peeved with the tubby right now. It's just that I feel like I'm the only one who's excited and the only one making all these plans. He just keeps saying yes to whatever I suggest. Now normally, that would be a good thing. LOL!!! I don't know. Maybe I'm just being hormonal.

Anyhoo, despite the peevishness, I decided to make a mini album to celebrate the occasion. I'm really such a sucker. LOL!!! I was going through our wedding photos, and I got all sentimental. What a wuss, huh? *sigh* It was such a beautiful wedding, really. Absolutely beautiful. Here's the first page I did.

one year
Credits:
Jen Wilson's Apple Blossom kit from her Seasonal Scraps CD at SBB
Fonts: Vintage Typewriter, Century Gothic


I just looove how it turned out! I was torn between making the photo a stark contrast to the papers or making it soft and tinted. Obviously, soft and tinted won. I used several layers and various blending modes to come up with the photo on the layout, and I think it works beautifully with Jen's papers.

I think I'd better hit the sack. I have an 8am breakfast meeting tomorrow, so I need my beauty sleep. I leave you with a layout of the adorable Chloe. G'night, bellas!

Joy
Credits:
Robin Carlton & Christy Lyle's double scoop kit Bears Blossoms n Beads at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Fonts: Jane Austen, Cheltpress, Century Gothic


mrs. schmuck | 10:32 PM |


Comments:
i love your wedding scrap tin! wish i were as patient as you in making them! =) happy 1st schmuck anniversary!
 
What beautiful layouts of course, especially the one of that beautiful wedding photo. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and it bugs me too when dh leaves all the planning to me!
 
Wow how gorgeous! Love these pages girl. I have had my eye on that bears kit for awhile now too. And happy anniversary!
 
Well Bob (I think I can call you that again ... LOL) you know I loved your wedding layout when I saw it at RAK, but I'll tell you again that it's SOOOO pretty! And your other layout of Chloe...*sigh*...another one for me to scraplift. Lovely work girlfriend! And don't worry about tubby hubby...I bet once you get there, he'll be more enthusiastic. At least, he better be. If he's not, just kick him!! LOL
 
Happy first anniversary, Tin! I swear that any romantic notions my hubby used to have left his brain when he said "I do". He just isn't a big person on holidays and special occasions (why I never realized that before we got married I don't know- maybe he was hiding the fact?). I quit trying so hard and basically just stopped making plans for most things. I haven't planned anything for our anniversary in several years now, and he has actually surprised me by coming up with things on his own that were very nice. I guess he does know that even though it isn't important to him, it is to me. Give him a chance and I bet you will find that he is just cooking up a surprise for you ;)

Lovely LOs! Gosh I love that wedding one; I've never attempted to scrap our wedding photos. Maybe one of these days soon if I can figure out how to scan all those negs we bought from the photographer.
 
You and your DH make a BEAUTIFUL couple!!!
Is Mrs. Schmuck your REAL name or just your online name?!?!????
LOVE your LO's!
Stephanie
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

a serious dose of life
catching up again!
shooing the chickens, etc
one man show
catching up
drowning
barely alive, folks
he certainly knows how to please
i made it! i made it!
retail therapy part 2





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com