catching up
Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ok, so I'm slowly catching up. It's going very very slowly, but yes, I do believe I'm catching up. But before I start to tell you what I've been up to since I got back from Singapore, lemme just share a bit more about my trip.

I've already told you to the work part of it, which was just really overwhelming. I went through my previous post again and got tired just reading about it. LOL! I did get some questions about what shoes I brought home from Sing. hee! You guys just know me so well eh? Well, let me tell you, I came home with nary a shoe stowed in my luggage. Alas, there was no shoe moment for me in Singapore. It's sad, really, and I did look. Hell, I even saw two of my own pairs of shoes on display at Nine West over there! But being the trooper that I am, and knowing that I deserved the retail therapy after the hellish week I had, I more than made up for it by buying myself new clothes. And I also spread the good fortune to my folks and Mr. S by buying them new clothes too. Damn, I just looove shopping! And yep, overworked my credit card again. *sigh*

Oh, I forgot to tell you. The weekend before I left for Sing? Well...um...I bought myself a new pair of shoes. Again. I just couldn't help it! Mr. S and I had dinner out with some of my relatives, and we got there early, so I told Mr. S that we look around the mall. I mean, who would've known that Nine West would have a sale there, right? And I saw this fantastic pointy shoes in a camel shade I didn't have, and it was 70 frigging percent off!!! Who in their right mind would pass up a steal like that?!?! LOL!!! Ok, so that's 4 pairs in 6 weeks. I should definitely stay away from the mall eh? Yeah, right...

So, any of you guys watch American Idol? Isn't Chris Daughtry just sizzling HOT? I swear, he is good enough to lick all over like a popsicle! LOL!!! Everytime he starts to sing, I get this goofy grin on my face. Worse than a groupie, I tell ya! But man, he is just SO DAMN HOT!!! I was really surprised with the bottom 3 today though. Oh, well not completely surprised. I mean, I knew Melissa would fry. I mean, c'mon! You forget the lyrics of the song in front of Stevie Wonder AND THEN decide to forget it again in front of the entire telly-watching population?! That just really nailed her coffin. But Ace? And Lisa? My jaw dropped when they were called. And Ace had the most adorable poor puppy dog look on his face when he was onstage, waiting for his verdict. I wanted to run up to him and give him a hug. But can somebody please get Kevin outta there? I have been praying for weeks for Chicken Little to get booted out. I don't think I can stand another performance from the guy. And don't you think he's getting a bit too cocky for his own good? I seriously think that HE thinks he's really a sex symbol. Helloooo?!?!

Anyhoo, before I left for Singapore, I've been busy designing a few things for RAKScraps, and I'm quite proud of one of the kits I made.

Cool Melons

I named it Cool Melons because the colors reminded me of...well...melons. And how cool they are. LOL!!! I was uber thrilled when I got a message from Robin saying that they were using my kit as the freebie for the newsletter chat. Wow! It sure gave me the warm fuzzies!

And because I'm a showoff, here's the kit I made for RAK week. I named it Citrus Berries.

Citrus Berries

And here's my contribution to the February mega kit.

February RAKScraps Mega Kit Contribution

I've been having a ball designing, and it makes me all sorts of happy when others say how much they like the kits, and especially when I see layouts done with my kits. Such an amazing feeling! Warm fuzzies galore!!! Have you seen the preview of the March mega kit yet? Wowzers!!! Head on over to RAKScraps and check it out! I think Jeanine is releasing the kit tomorrow. And while you're there, join in on all the fun stuff happening! I'm presently working on another kit which will be given away in April, and the paint chip for April's mega kit is out too, and it's sooo fun!!!

I also managed to scrap a few pages! Woohoooo!!! Much as I love designing, I can never really let go of making layouts. Here's one that I made for Maybelle.

Gabriel

Credits:
Lynnie Smith's Tattered Tales kit at Younique Photos
Fonts: Arriere Garde, Festus, Century Gothic


She was chosen as this month's winner in the Your Photo 5 Ways, where 5 members of the RAKScraps creative team will make layouts using her photos. I just love making pages for other people, and scrapping photos of her cutie patootie son was such fun!

Now this is one I made of Chloe. It's a bit of an old photo, taken last December. But I loved how it turned out, and the soft colors in this kit were so pretty!

Just Can't Get Enough of You

Credits:
Robin Carlton & MandaBean's double scoop kit Isn't She Lovely at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Fonts: Century Gothic

So is that catching up or what?!? LOL!!! I hope to be able to do more layouts over the weekend. I have some awesome photos of Chloe which I took last weekend, and my mind is bursting with ideas.

Hope you guys are having a fantastic week so far! Friday is just around the corner, so there is reason to smile. LOL! Ciao, bellas!


mrs. schmuck | 10:33 PM |


Comments:
Ok your melon kit is so awesome!! I must go to the chat to get it!!! Great pages as usual!
Kevin has to go.. he is way to cocky for his own good and I agree 100% with licking Chris like a popsicle!! :)
 
OMG! Why didn't you start designing earlier! Man! I sure hope I can make it to that NL chat! Ok, I'll stop typing "!s" now!

karen (Hom74)
 
Chica, that Cool Melons kit is one of the best kits I've ever seen, no lie! I was so bummed when I missed that chat! Anyway, you're awesome, an awesome scrapper, your gonna be an awesome designer, and I'm so glad I've gotten to know you over the last few months and am so incredibly honored to have you on my DT. Welcome home!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Kevin has to go, I totally agree! His voice is so annoying I want to put earplugs while watching.
Anyway, those kits are great Tin!
 
Oh my gosh sis!The kits are pretty!!!! Where else can I get them???Are you selling now???
 
Darn! I missed that chat. Your Cool Melons kit is gorgeously yummy! I'm greatly honored that you designed one of the LO's of my son's pictures. You are one talented designer, honest.

sincerely,
maybs

p.s. have you ever thought of trying your hand at designing shoes? hmmmm....
 
The Cool Melons kit is so awesome!
I must have missed that chat.
SAD SAD SAD!!
I SOOOO want it!
I love all your work!!
HUGS!
S
 
chris daughtry IS love! ahaha! i honestly have doubts he'll win, but he already has fans so not bad na rin. kevin has to go!

oh tin, that was a tough singapore sked you had! hopefully next time, we can both go back and push through with plan of dinner by the river with pazette. take care friend!
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

drowning
barely alive, folks
he certainly knows how to please
i made it! i made it!
retail therapy part 2
the magic of retail therapy
bonus, shopping, lens and a freebie!
3 tags for 4s...and an outpour!
a thanks, and a funny story
change can be good......it's a matter of attitude





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com