change can be good...
...it's a matter of attitude

Sunday, January 15, 2006

This week has been all about change. Whew! Where do I start?

Things have been shaking at the office since Monday. There was a HUGE announcement made, and everyone's scurrying about as though there's a Jen Wilson sale going on. Oh, didja hear about that? She had a (supposed) one-day sale, and because the entire digi world flocked to SBB to buy her awesome stuff, the store crashed. LOL!!! That was just friggin' funny! Imagine being THAT great that you manage to crash a site. Wow. So she had to extend her sale, and I managed to get $30 poorer. Yes, I am weak. LOL!

So anyhoo, I'm rambling. What was I talking about before that? Oh yeah. The office announcement. It was HUGE, I tell ya. And you know how it is when things change. People just have a natural tendency to panic. I had my own concerns, but I asked the right people...people who had answers...and realized that everything's fine and dandy. Quite exciting, in fact. I hope everyone else realizes that too. For their own good. That's when I realized that it's really all about attitude. *sigh* I can't wait till all the furor dies down.

Hey hey hey, there's an element team call over at RAKScraps! Woohoooo!!! It's another one of those changes I'm talking about since I'm thinking of applying. Oh wait...I already applied. LOL!!! Composed my email this morning, attached some of my designs, and with fingers crossed, hit the SEND button. Announcement will be made on the 28th, so I don't know how I will manage till then. LOL! It's a huge step for me because as an element team member, you will have to design for the monthly mega kits and the freebie prizes. I don't have much experience in designing, but I love the site and would absolutely KILL to get on the team. LOL! But I was truly tickled pink when Jeanine sent me a private message, just to be sure that I saw the call for an element team. How sweet is that?! Anyhoo, I hope my stuff is good enough to get on the team.

Speaking of designing, and maybe just to test my designing abilities too, I made another kit. I got inspired by some gift wrapper I saw in a bookstore last week, and made this...


Totally love how it turned out, but is it good enough??? LOL!!! It has 12 patterned or textured papers, 4 metal flower elements, 4 epoxies, 4 pearls, 1 pearl strand, 3 ribbons, 1 stapled ribbon and 1 flower cutout. Lemme know what you guys think. Even if you don't digiscrap, do you like the designs? The patterns? And if you do like it and you're a digiscrapper, you can download it here.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, so let's keep it partly confidential by not naming names. LOL!!! I got an email from a designer, and she offered me a position as a PAID designer on her site. WOWZERSFROMHEAVENABOVE!!! Such a sweet, sweet lady and her confidence in me just blows me away! However...I feel that I am not yet ready to take THAT big a step. I mean, who would buy my stuff?!?! LOL!!! But just receiving that email offer, I am frigging grinning from ear to ear. Who knows? Maybe IF I get on the RAKScraps element team, then I'd get enough experience to one day sell my stuff. In the meantime, I'm all for learning more and more and more. So expect more freebies here in the meantime.

Here's a page I was able to finish last Thursday. I used Lynnie's Pardesha Pink kit, which is just perfect for girly pages.


Credits
Lynnie Smith's Pardesha Pink kit at YouniquePhotos
Ribbon from Ronna Penner's Ribbonshop Vol. 1
stitching from Ronna Penner's decorative stitching I
chipboard effect by Atomic Cupcake
Fonts: Times and Times Again, Lainie DaySH, Century Gothic


And with that, I'm heading off to bed. It's back to work tomorrow. Goodnight, y'all! Smoochies!!!!


mrs. schmuck | 7:52 PM |


Comments:
So proud of you, Tin!
I hope you nail that position at RAKscraps.
Btw, The kit you made is so sweet. Love the colors...the pearls...everything! You'd make a wonderful designer. Go for it!
 
Hey Bob I finally found your blog! I'm so excited that you applied for the elements team at RAK. I love your designs and I really think you are underestimating your abilities!!! And hey, if that designer emailed you about selling on her site...see obviously sees your abilities too. You rock sistah!!
 
DUH... you are soooooo good enough for the RAK team!! I'm so glad you applied and I look forward to getting your monthly mega kit contributions!! LOL Great LO of Chloe.. she is sooo cute, I love her little cheeks!
 
Congratulations! I think your designs are very pretty and it's obviously something you love to do. Can't wait to hear about Rak Scraps. Thanks for sharing your kit with us :)
 
1st off, AWESOME kit! You totally have what it takes to make the team, and NO I don't have any inside info, LOL! Second, do what you think is timely, but you could totally bring in the buckaroos if you wanted.
TFS :)
 
Oh my! I sure hope you get on the RAKScraps team...selfishly, I would look forward to your contributions ;)

Your LOs always RAWK so I can tell you have an eye for designing.

Looks like this year is going to be busy and fun for you :)

Hom74 (karen)
 
hi tin! happy new year. your title and the kit compliment each other. it's sooo you...chloe and pearls, hahaha. consider your stuff SOLD, you're so good at it. ingat :D
 
Congrats. I'm sure that you'll get selected to be a part of the awesome RAKSCRAPS team. I love this kit. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
 
I just have to jump on and say I bet you'll make the RAK team too! I love seeing the great kits you've been creating. And can your pages get any nicer? Seriously - you do awesome work! I'm loving your latest pages. ;)
 
WOW Tin! That's great news! I hope you do get in at the RAK Team Call and be able to sell your designs, I downloaded Sweet Chloe already! Thanks mucho! Naku, have a baby na, so you can make kits about them naman! Chloe is one lucky niece!
 
hi mrs schmuck!

i just downloaded your free kit. It RRRREEAALLLY ROCKS! I especially like the pearl strand and the epoxies and the paper, oh! everything!
Don't worry. When you do decide to sell your kits, I'm pretty sure I'll be one of those queueing up to buy them (that is not to say that I do not appreciate the free kits!lol!)
You've got talent, gurl! Go for it!
 
How exciting for you! OF COURSE you are good enough! Love your work!
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

sometimes i wonder...
a week into 2006
Happy New Year to one and all!!!
just checking in
THANKS MUCHO!!!
31
in between sniffles and wheezes
where'd the weekend go?!(a rhetorical question)
a post with no sense.   seriously.
busy bee





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com