a week into 2006
Sunday, January 08, 2006

A week in the new year has gone by. Can you believe that? Pretty soon, it'll be Christmas again. LOL!!! Ok, so maybe not THAT fast. How has 2006 been for you, so far?

First off, I wanted to say thanks to those who offered help on the recovery of the wedding photos I idiotically erased. The bad news is that they seemed to have vanished into thin air. Seriously. I downloaded these magic recovery files and although I see some of the files I previously deleted (some even older than the wedding photos!), they are just not there. You're probably asking WTF I did anyway, right? LOL! Hell, even I'm wondering! People at the office have been asking to see the photos, and when I tell them I deleted it, they look at me like I'm kidding. Then when they realize I am serious, they look at me like I'm the biggest idiot of 2005.

I also want to say thanks to those who wished me luck on my biggest endeavor for 2006. It's the biggest endeavor of my life, actually. Yes, I am sure that I will enjoy myself while making a baby. I will make sure that I do. I also plan to keep trying even after I get a positive result, and will probably only stop when the doctors tell me to. LOL!!! I'm reminded of this email I received about some interesting facts. Like didja know that pigs have orgasms that last for 30 minutes? 30 WHOLE FRIGGING MINUTES!!! See, it pays to snort and wallow in mud.

BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS! Before I burst my bladder with excitement here, let me just share with you that I got my biggest scrapbooking toot thus far. One of my layouts is going to be published in Digital Memories Magazine!!! Woohooooo!!! I finally got the courage to submit my layouts, and I sent my first one to DMM last December. I even thought that I didn't make it because I didn't hear from them until last week. But WOWZERS!!! Skippity hop hop hop!!! LOL! So please visit their site and subscribe, so you can see the layout by lil ole me in their Jan/Feb issue!

On to more good news...RAKScraps is back! Oh man, just writing that down feels sooo good. RAKScraps is back...RAKScraps is back...RAKScraps is back...RAKScraps is back...Ok, I'm stopping. The site moved servers because for quite a while, everything was going so slow. But everything is up and running now, and it's like a reunion of sorts because everyone's back and posting like crazy in the forums. LOL! I even got it on a challenge immediately, and so check out my New Year avatar on my sidebar. Fun!!!

As I am writing this post, our neighbors are having a party. And someone is singing. Terribly. Really, really terribly. They've been at it since about noon, and I've been asking God why he has to give us not just one, but three neighbors who like to sing during their parties. Judging from where the wails are coming from, I think it's the neighbors at the back who are partying up a storm. Don't get me wrong, because I'm all for parties and singing. I admit that I also like to sing, but I like to do it at the karaoke places that me and my friends like to go to. You know, where they serve liquor and have soundproof rooms. And where it's perfectly legal to make an ass of yourself while singing I Will Survive.

Oh, here are some layouts of Chloe that I've done. For this one, I used Tania's Lil Miss Molly kit, available at Digital Freebies. Isn't it such a cute kit??? I loved all the yellows with a bit of the blues, and it was just perfect for this photo of Chloe I had taken when she was here on my birthday!


Credits:
Tania Cordova's Lil Miss Molly kit at Digital Freebies
Leaves brush by Devon Coker at Adobe Studio Exchange
Font: Carpenter


Chloe is growing up sooo fast. Everytime she comes for a visit, I am amazed by the changes. She also spent Christmas eve here, did I tell you that? I gotta admire the energy on that kid. She didn't sleep a wink the entire eve, and even when they left at 2am, she was still bubbling with energy. Whatever that kid is on, it works even better than what the energizer bunny is taking. Oh, the funniest thing happened when we went to hear mass that night. We were all standing outside, trying to be very quiet because after all, there was a mass going on. My dear husband decided to buy Chloe a balloon though, and when I handed it to her, she suddenly shouted "WOW, BAWOOOOON!!!" I could feel the eyes of hundreds of people boring into my back. LOL!!! What a hoot!

Oh my lord, somebody please get a gun and shoot whatever is singing...

And this here's the latest one I did, and I used Tania's Posh Tots kit also available at Digital Freebies. Love, love, LOVE the colors on this kit! And the papers are too delicious!


Credits:
Tania Cordova's Posh Tots kit at Digital Freebies
Nancie Rowe Janitz's alpha shmootzy stamps
Fonts: Kids, Vintage Typewriter


The layout is a scraplift of Robin's Standing Still layout. Isn't Chloe such a sweetie? Yeah, I know, I'm a biased aunt. LOL!

I've been on a House marathon these past few days. Sometimes with popcorn, most times with just my ass on a warm and toasty spot on the bed. Aaaah, life is blissful in its simplicity. I'm now seriously thinking of sending an email to Hugh Laurie and professing my undying devotion. I am smitten, I tell you. Big time!

Alright, much as I'd love to stay and chat (how one-sided is this chat??? LOL!), I have work to do. Start of year always means performance appraisal time, so I gotta finish the ones for my training officers.

Oh. And the neighbors are still singing. If you could call it that. I may need to pop a few pills tonight if I plan on going to sleep. LOL! G'night, y'all!!!


mrs. schmuck | 4:30 PM |


Comments:
First of all... TOOT for you! How exciting is that!!! I could almost pee my pants for you!!!! I will definately have to subscribe.. which LO was it? I've never submitting anything yet.. too chicken.

Secondly, I LOVE House too. That show is the best. Do you watch Grey's Anatomy?? That's even better :)
 
chloe is so adorable....such a charming baby
 
Bloghopped here, I love this kit. The colors are great together!
 
Congratulations, Tin!
You must be elated.

Btw, you've just been tagged.
 
Sweet! House marathon! Its really one of the best shows. Hugh Laurie does a fantastic job in being the politically incorrect, bitter and arrogant doctor who is still adorable because he is always right with his diagnosis and treatment! Since you are quite smitten by House, er, Hugh Laurie, here's a bit of info on Hugh... he is a Brit but people are surprised when they hear him talk because he does such a good American accent that its surprising that he is actually British. He was Emma Thompson's first boyfriend ever, they went to the same Univ in UK where Hugh was in the rowing team. :-)
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

Happy New Year to one and all!!!
just checking in
THANKS MUCHO!!!
31
in between sniffles and wheezes
where'd the weekend go?!(a rhetorical question)
a post with no sense.   seriously.
busy bee
i'm back...
i'll be gone for a week





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com