i'm back...
Monday, November 28, 2005

...and raring to go!!!

Well, the conference is finally over and done with. I am happy to say that it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it would be. So yeah, I did work my ass off every single day. Yeah, our day started early and ended late every single day. Yeah, it wasn't like I could rest at night because I still had to do my homework for the next day. But it was all good! First off, it still turned out to be an absolute gastronomical orgasm. I swear, every meal was heaven and I ate sooo much that even Mr. S commented that my ass grew in five days. LOL!!! And I've also gained so much professionally that I can't wait to go to work tomorrow and start on some of the stuff I've learned. Amazing, isn't it? But more importantly, I think, I made some really good friends over the past five days. Now I know that I can go and visit Singapore, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Thailand, India and Indonesia and know that I have friends to see. Oh yeah, it was all good alright!

And NOW! Let me just share with y'all that Mrs. S got herself a new toy...my Canon Digital Rebel XT! Wooohooooo!!! Yep, got my baby last Thursday, and I have been tinkering with it since Friday night when I got home from the conference. Man, it is an absolute delight!!! I've always had the point-and-shoot kind of camera before, so this is my first dive into SLRs. No matter, because I am learning so much! And even on full auto mode, I am able to take fantastic shots! This morning, I tried using some of its other creative modes and it's just amazing how different the same shot comes out to.

Here are some photos I took over the weekend. You may want to click on the images so you can get a bigger picture and see its awesome clarity.




Not bad eh? LOL!!! Even Mr. S is impressed (with the camera, not with me...LOL!). Which is good because he "donated" to the Help-Mrs.S-Get-A-New-Camera fund and was critical to its early success. Now I'm setting up the Help-Mrs.S-Get-A-New-Lens fund. LOL!!! I can't wait till Chloe visits us so I can take tons of photos!

Ok, so it's back to scrapping for me. I got Tania's and Robin's latest kits and am so looking forward to making layouts again. Maybe when I get some pages done today, I could post it here for y'all.

Unless I get distracted by my new baby again. LOL!!!


mrs. schmuck | 1:53 PM |


Comments:
Congrats on the new toy you lucky girl!! I'm so jealous! Can't wait to see the layouts your churn out today!
 
Nice Camera! I'm so jealous. Take awesome pictures for us to go gaga over and I'm so glad you're home.
 
that's indeed a great camera! enjoy :)
 
i love your new baby!
 
wow nice naman your new baby ;)

p.s. yes ill be at the chritsmas party. i didnt really spend time thinking what to wear, baka dark jeans and a bright red top (LOL) oh and its my first time to attend the company party too :)

i promise this time if i do see you ill approach you :)
 
i was meaning to get a rebel after my wedding (when all the bills are paid and i can own my money again, mwehehe) kaya lang i realized i wanted something more handy and kasya sa bag :D

and then there's that fact that i never actually try to utilize all the shooting modes available to me with my present cam... so i can wait for my SLR pa...

meaning to get either the S2 or s80 tho... :D
 
Hi Mrs. S! I hope you still remember me, an avid blog reader of your "post-wedding" blog. Boy, really surprised that the nick "Mrs. S" followed you ever since. :) I love your scraps! Creative and unique. And oh, I also love your baby Rebel too!! Wohoo... been dying to get one for months. HAR HAR
 
comment lang ako kay Crazy Lover :)

Me too, I'm still use my lola S30 up to now.. imagine how old! I was eyeing for Rebel at first but thought I might just waste the camera coz I haven't even mastered the functions in my current cam. I suggest you go for S2!! 12X zoom.. that's a lot! I have to set SLR aside in the meantime.

Booyy... Mrs. S... ur Rebel makes me want to change my mind and go for SLR for good.. hehe (left brain arguing with right brain..)
 
wow, you're now a rebel's parent :) enjoy every shot, tin. kaka-addict yan.
how are you, btw? i have been out for so long i need time to check out your previous posts. i miss your funny anecdotes :)
ok, gotta check your previous kwentos first :)
 
congratulations, tin! enjoy your new cam!!
 
u can shoot a dream!

u r that good
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

i'll be gone for a week
bad blogger!!! bad blogger!!!
putting a dent on the Christmas list...ok, so it's...
incoherent yakking going on
on a digiscrapping frenzy!
i got to scrap! i got to scrap!
wallow with me in pity, won't ya?
Uh-oh!
so excited i almost peed in my pants!
in a panic





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com