the magic of retail therapy
Saturday, January 28, 2006

Where do I begin?

Alright, first off, my hard drive died on me. Yeah, it's a new puter but that hard drive came from the old puter. I don't really know what happened except one day, I just couldn't access the drive anymore. Windows also wasn't detecting it when it booted. It's not my main drive, but it is where I keep all my digi stuff and all my photos. Isn't that just terrible?!?! I nearly died! It's a good thing I backed up most of my stuff when I got the new puter last month. But the sad story doesn't end there. Aside from losing the latest stuff I got and the photos I took over the weekend (aargh!!!), it turns out that one of the zip files of my kits is corrupted. So all my kits from designers N-R are gone. Vamoosh. Somebody stab me with a spoon!

I went to one of those magic guys who can do...ummm...magic stuff with puters. He said he could try to open up the hard drive, get the data, and transfer it to another hard drive. Now that sounded like a mighty fine idea to me, and who the hell cares how he'll do that and if it really is possible. But when he told me how much it was going to cost...bejeezus!!! Soooo, I live with the stuff I have and just figure out a way to live.

It amazes me how great people are in the digi world. When I lost most of my stuff, I emailed the designers of my creative teams to ask if I could re-download their stuff, and their responses have been nothing but sweet! I also sent a message over at ScrapArtist if I could re-download the orders I had. I wasn't expecting that my request would be granted, but I was sincerely touched by Nancie's fast response. Before I could even start to grovel at her feet, my downloads have been updated and I now have my Nancie stash in place. Amazing people in the digi world, I tell you! Such a wonderful community, and I totally love it!!!

Anyhoo, to console myself, I went out today to buy myself a 200G hard drive. Then I thought that I needed more consoling so I got myself a Wacom Graphire4 tablet. Then I thought that I needed even more consoling so I got myself a bluetooth usb thingamajiggy. Then I thought that Mr. S needed to commiserate so I bought him a pair of jeans. LOL!!! Now that's what I call a much needed retail therapy.

Speaking of Mr. S's jeans, do you know how much these freaking things are?!?! Ok, so they are RL jeans, but the last time I bought him a similar pair they were only half the price of what I paid today! When the lady at the counter told me how much my total bill was (with just one pair of jeans!), I literally paused and stared at her for a good 10 seconds. I think I even had my mouth open. But I regained my composure, smiled and said sure thing! Like I wasn't on my way to poverty. Later, I told Mr. S that he's going to have to find another brand of jeans to wear. Or live with the pair I bought for the next ten years or so.

Hey, have you guys seen the latest issue of DMM yet??? I got my complimentary copy a few days ago and saw my first ever published layout. WOWZERS!!! So if you haven't seen it yet, go over to their site and subscribe. It's only $4.99 but packed with good stuff!

Well, I gotta go. I've got a lot of work to do. Need to figure out a foolproof backup system for my files. Need to get that system into place and actually back up. Need to extract backed up files to my new hard drive. Need to re-download lost kits. Then I need to make new layouts for my creative teams.

Ciao, bellas! Smoochies!!!


mrs. schmuck | 11:16 PM |


Comments:
Hey swanget! Felt bad for you on the loss of you data but, since I know how shopping can uplift the spirit, am happy that you went and got some goodies. I can tell you one thing, I had an emotional down time a few years back and my shopping therapy was expensive! :D Hope you got back most of your stuff. Hope Mr. S loves his jeans. :)
 
Hi Sis. So sorry about your data. Oh my I just remembered I don't have backup files of EVERYTHING i have. Must do backup...must do backup. Anyway I got my retail therapy yesterday, and it was good. TC. Hope we can chat again...and soon!
 
Shopping is the absolute BEST medicine out there! Sorry to hear about your files and i"m so happy to hear that they let you download your kits again! That is awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with, with your tablet :)
 
So recovering data is too much $ even for you?? Oh I am sad to hear that cause it means there is no way my DH would ever pay for it then LOL

On another note, don't know if you lost RAKs stuff you want back, but I am sure people there would be glad to help you out. I've got 4 of my kits up on the RAKs server at the moment, so I will send you a PM there with the links ;) Nothing like a few new DLs to lift one's spirit I've found!
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

bonus, shopping, lens and a freebie!
3 tags for 4s...and an outpour!
a thanks, and a funny story
change can be good......it's a matter of attitude
sometimes i wonder...
a week into 2006
Happy New Year to one and all!!!
just checking in
THANKS MUCHO!!!
31





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com