bonus, shopping, lens and a freebie!
Monday, January 23, 2006

Today was a looong day. But hey, it was a fantastic loooong day! Had to stay late at the office today to finish a report, but I also got my HUGE bonus today!!! Woohoooo!!! I'm not poor, I'm not poor!!! LOL!!! Man, it feels so fcuking great to know that I can pay my bills AND still shop. teehee!

Speaking of shopping, I got 7 grand poorer over the weekend. I spent Saturday at the mall with my friends, and I just couldn't help myself. First off, there was a sale at Mango and I just had to have this ultra cool black shirt with vintage cowboy tags on it (there's a photo somewhere below this post...). Then I saw this fabulously classic and elegant black 3-inch stiletto pumps at Nine West that is really a must in every woman's shoe wardrobe. Oh perfection!!! It was definitely a shoe moment. Know what I mean? A shoe moment is that point when you put your foot in the shoe, and BAM! It fits. It is just right. It is pure bliss. You had to have it. It was meant for you. Something like a shoe orgasm. Anyhoo, I was trying to recall what else I bought, and realized that it was really just those two things. And those two things already set me off by 7 grand?! Shit. But I have no regrets. It was a much needed retail therapy, so my mental health is in stable condition.

Then I finally got my Canon 50mm 1.8 lens last weekend! Oh wow, it is just amazing!!! I will let my photos speak for themselves...





I totally LOVE it!!! And isn't Chloe such a cute patootie?!?! And such a smart little kid too. Obviously takes after her aunt. She's already memorized her alphabet and she can count all the way to 24 before she goes back to 11. LOL!!! As usual, the minute she saw us last weekend, she was all smiles and saying "Hiiiii!" in her singsong voice. Too stinkin' cute!!!

Sunday night was the birthday dinner of my sister in law, and they planned a surprise cowboy party for her, in honor of Brokeback Mountain. LOL! I sooo enjoy these things so I had to dress the part. Check me out!


Authentic enough? LOL!!! And I wore my new ultra chic shirt from Mango. I couldn't find a cowboy hat in the mall, so I had to make one myself. Not bad eh? My mother in law says I have talent. LOL!

Ok, and lastly, before I head off to bed, I finally got some freebies done. I already posted this over at RAKScraps yesterday. It should also be available at YouniquePhotos sometime soon since I emailed these to Lynnie earlier today.


Bling blings seem to be the latest thing in digiscrapping (and flowers!) so I happily joined the bandwagon and made these. The petals and the gems are interchangeable, or you can use just the gems or just the petals. You can download these jeweled petals HERE. Oh, and just 5 more days before the element team members for RAKScraps are announced. Please please please!!! I promise not to buy any new shoes this year if I get in the team. I promise to be good!!! LOL!!!

Alright, I'm off to bed. I hope you guys had a fab weekend! G'night!!! Smoochies!!!


mrs. schmuck | 9:45 PM |


Comments:
you make a cool cowgirl! LOL. inggit ako sa MNG and Nine West weekend!
 
I love the flowers!! Thanks so much! 7 grand????? That isn't dollars right?! LOL I'm sure you'll make the team, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!
 
sis love the flowers!and from a show addict like you...i think spending for stilletos it worth every penny :)
 
Cute outfit! Thanks for the pretty flowers :)
 
if only i had a brain... i meant "shoes" not "show" sis. needless to say eating lunch while surfing the net is not good...lol.
 
Wow! Lenses make wonders! But I think it's the photographers' eye that's really working here. I'm grabbing the flowers, Tin!
Thanks.
 
Wow Tin, those are some amazing photographs!! I would grab the flowers if I was actually at home. They are super cute!!
 
wwohooohooo...I misssssss shoppingggggggg! I miss it miss it miss it! That is my main regret about not working , lol. Can I shop through you love?

And you look so cute all dolled up..I wanna see the shoes too!

and your chloe toooo cute...loving the lens, eh?

I hope you make the team, doll face!
 
TIN!!!!!
super super great seeing you last night! edward loves the pictures here :) and i am envoius of the shopping weekend!

p.s.
chloe is such a fashionista kid!
 
Love your cowgirl get up! :) Your nices is such a cutie too. Looks like you will have lots of fun with the new camera!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
cute photos of chloe, nice digi-petals and yeah, that's a cool cowgirl shirt!!
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

3 tags for 4s...and an outpour!
a thanks, and a funny story
change can be good......it's a matter of attitude
sometimes i wonder...
a week into 2006
Happy New Year to one and all!!!
just checking in
THANKS MUCHO!!!
31
in between sniffles and wheezes





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com