my chloe weekend
Saturday, May 20, 2006

Whew, the weekend is upon us once again. Can you believe May is half gone, and June is just around the corner. June!!! Which means half the year is over. Wow, huh? Before we know it, we're shopping for Christmas.

I haven't been able to spend much time on my puter since Thursday. Chloe has been staying with us and so I've been spending a lot of time with her. The kid is a bundle of energy, and I can't keep up. LOL!!! The first night she was here, she kept me up until 2am (and I had work the next day!). Then when she finally fell asleep, she woke up again at 4am and kept me awake till 530am. Oh man, I felt like a zombie at work! I must've consumed at least 4 cups of coffee. And of course, I watched Little Mermaid about a gazillion times, it seems. And you know where Ariel sings Part of Your World? Chloe HAS TO sing it over and over and over again. We almost never finish the entire the movie because she makes me rewind that part again and again. LOL! I was torn between being amused and frustrated.

The fact that Chloe's been with us for a few days has given me somewhat of a perspective about how it is to be a parent. She was always clamoring for me, and it was difficult to do anything else but watch her and do what she wants us to do. Am I really ready for this? But when she looks at me with those big eyes of hers and calls me "Tata Tin", I just melt. Tata is her way of saying "Tita", which means aunt in Filipino. *sigh* Mr. S and I figure that we'll be awful parents, because we just couldn't say no to anything she said. LOL! I swear, I have newfound respect for all mothers out there.

I have an appointment with my ob-gyne on Friday. Time to spread my legs again. LOL!!! I hate that. Are you ever so comfortable with another person (spouses and other halves not included) that you can just hop on that examination bed and put your feet on those stirrups that seem to be miles apart? Yeah, I'm sure it's nothing to the ob-gyne, but hell, it's my privy parts being exposed, not hers! I'm always so uncomfortable, and I always feel the need to be talking. About anything. "So, doc, what do you think about blah blah"......"Yeah, I always thought blah blah"......"But what about blah blah"......so all the time I'm babbling about who knows what. LOL! My doctor must hate me. When she comes in and sees her list of patients to see that day, she'll probably spot my name and say "Oh damn, it's that small woman that never stops talking again!" LOL!!!

Got tagged by sweetie TracyB!

5 things in my fridge:
Uh oh....lots of leftovers (LOL!), chocolates, milk, eggs, chocolate milk. Jeez, how unexciting is my fridge?!

5 things in my car:
Just five?!?! LOL!!! I can practically live in my car. Ok, so I've got tons of receipts that I just know I need to throw out. An extra pair of shoes. Lots of training binders and folders. A hairbrush. And a pen.

5 things in my bag:
Just five?!?! LOL!!! Ok, now this is worse than my car. Everyone complains about how heavy my bag is. Sunglasses. Makeup kit. Perfume. Lots of plain rubber bands for my hair. And tons of receipts that date back who knows when. LOL!!! I'm such a pig.

5 things on my DVR or video player:
Grey's Anatomy. House. Wedding Crashers. Sex and the City. Oh, and Little Mermaid. I did tell you Chloe was here. Teehee!

5 things in my wardrobe:
Just five?!?! ROFLMBO!!! I've been behaving myself the past few weeks and haven't really been shopping. But now that Tracy's reminded me, I think I gotta go buy something. LOL! Ok, so I've got tons of shoes in there...so that should account for the five things. Teehee! I have a lot of white shirts, which I love to pair with my scruffed up low rise Levi's. Can never have enough white shirts. I also have tank tops in practically all colors. And several pashminas. I have a thing for pashminas. When I went to Singapore, I found this little store that sold such beautiful pashminas and at such a cool price. I love that I can pair it with jeans on casual Fridays and even work them with my usual office attire.

Well, it's almost 2am here, so I'm heading off to bed. I'd like to share my latest page with you before I go. A dear friend of mine had seen my pages, loved them, and asked me to make one of her and her hubby. I showed this to her last Thursday and she absolutely loved it!

Edin & Mae
Credits:
bg pp by Gina Miller at SBB, other pp by Jen Wilson from her Worn Comfort CD at SBB
yellow stitching and staples by Ronna Penner at SBE
lace by Kate Teague at DD, messy stitching and hobo flower by Katie Pertiet at DD
string by Jackie Eckles at DD, tag by Denise Docherty at spaceraven
colorfull corners by Shabby Princess
Fonts: Century Gothic


G'night, bellas! Smoochies!


mrs. schmuck | 4:28 PM |


Comments:
Sounds like Chloe tired her Tita and Tito out :) Can't wait to see all the pictures you got of her visit :)

karen (Hom74)
 
I am usually exhausted after hanging out with my nieces too! :) We got to watch Alice in Wonderland for a change last weekend. Love your page, too!
 
LOL! With every one of my kids I distinctly remember gazing at them sleeping peacefully in their cribs after bringing them home from the hospital and having this thought go through my mind- "what in the world were we thinking?!"
Of course I wouldn't trade one of them for anything, but I still have to wonder why and how I ended up with all of them... God's plans are bigger than our own, and He gives you the strength to do what you need to.

Pretty page! I like the contrast of the bright colors on the swirl and flower with the neutrals of everything else.
 
awwwww...how fun that you got to have that little sweetie pie over! It issss hard to say no...until they start acting up, lol.

I soooooo know what you mean about the ob....I hatttteeeeee it. And mine has now seen me at my totally worst...having a baby half out of my mind with pain...and I still don't like to hop on that table for him. lol

beautiful page too!

xooxoxo
 
LOL every non-parent should get to have a "Chloe weekend". Anything that brings all us poor parents more sympathy is good. ;)

Beautiful layout! :)
 
Bob, you must be exhausted after that Chloe weekend! But I'm glad you had the experience. Don't worry, when it's your own kid, you won't be such a pushover...you'll be really mean, like me! LOL

Love the layout...great job combining all those different elements from different kits. That takes a lot of skill, woman.
 
I already left you a comment on that layout, but I should say again, bella, that is gorgeous! Sounds like Chloe had you running, funny how they keep you going huh, and when they're yours, you run for competely different reasons, so you and Mr. S, don't worry, it will be great!
Night sweets!
 
after reading your post, i see myself 3yrs ago. LOL!. it's been 2yrs before i have my baby, and i've also a niece who always sleep with us. And the OB thing, hahaha... every month, i have my transvaginal ultrasound thats really uncomfortable to me. Anyway, goodluck! i can feel what you feel right now... oh by the way, nice layout. And the may mega kit you have at RAKscraps, so so love it. Thanks!!!
 
If there's anything I hate most about trying to conceive, it's that trip to the OB where she'll do an internal exam or a transvaginal ultrasound. Hope you get to be parents soon.
 
Post a Comment


Hi, I'm Mrs. S!

I am a firm believer that a woman can never have enough shoes, bags, diamonds or pearls.

Oh...and digital scrapbook kits...





my homegrown scrap

my digiscraps
the schmucks - a pre wedding blog
my life as mrs. schmuck - a post wedding blog

email me!

my layouts

My Layouts

my kits

My Kits



my daily dose of scrap

scrapbook exchange . RAKScraps .
The DigiChick . ScrapArtist .
Scrapbook Elements . Digital Freebies .
Two Peas in a Bucket . Shabby Princess .
Scrapbook-bytes . Scrapdish .
Sweet Shoppe Designs .
Younique Photos



scrappy blogs i read

lunafaerie design . my2boys . greetings from robin . sweetnsassy . live, laugh, love . mommyba's . amyK . shabby princess . life simply . the little connection . murphy's law . sammy's place . my scrap corner . jeanine's bits and pieces . rectangle scrappin . Kim, Etc. . a little bit of this...that



my other life as a photog wanna-be

photoworkshop . Canon dSLR . morguefile . PBase camera database .



they're not scrappy, but i love 'em

abbie . abie . aggie . anne . babygirl . batjay . clarice . dang . delish . emi . favel . jacq . leah . leslie . len . lilac . lolly . mai . maiji . matootles . mec . mik . monch . monet . nice . notsquare . nyree . pazette . pia . pebz . prada mama . rmartin . ruth . sachiko . star . talhey . theresa . thess . tin from NZ . tin from SG . tin from US . yax .



my other links

n@w yahoo groups . google . gmail . yahoo . yahoo mail . citibank online . dictionary.com . my cycle . nine west . amazon.com .



blog credits

banner:
by ME!
Font used is Adler


avatar:
By ME! I am wearing a Shelly Chua creation from her Perky Girl line.



previous posts

just nonsense schtuff really
happy mom's day!and yes...a freebie!
frustrated...and other things
we're all good
love is certainly all around
gratitude
a serious dose of life
catching up again!
shooing the chickens, etc
one man show





archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
March 2007





credits

Powered by Blogger

Weddings@Work




Bravenet.com


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



layout by sarah
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com